Wednesday, May 13, 2009

That's Right, I'm the Big Winner

Well, after a painstaking selection process of deciding by which blog title's were already taken (sorry, "Eat me, I'm a Danish") the new blog is up and running with my own entry as the winner. Yep, I'm gloating. Thanks to all of you that put in your two kroner.

I don't have much to offer yet -- I've been in Denmark since Saturday and have spent most of that time as a hermit getting caught up on my real job. I've been reading up on Danish food and trying to learn a bit of Danish. I've already learned three new letters (there are only three extras, I think) that apparently somehow mean island, stream, and something I already forgot. My new letters:

Æ Å Ø

Wow. That was exhausting.

We are living in Varde for now, in an apartment owned by the Company. We hope to move into a house -- probably in Esbjerg -- within the next two months or so. Varde is a small town (pop 13,000 or so) and Esberg is a bit bigger (pop 120,000.)


View Larger Map

Ok --gotta run... more later.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog!! I can't believe that "Eat me, I'm a Danish" was already taken. Guess great minds think alike. Has been like a while wind for you both I'm sure, When Boo can get out of the UK the trifecta will be complete. Keep us posted....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh..I officially deleted Tatties and Neeps from my favorites....weirdly weird. BUT, congrats. Cheers -(Mine's a Tuborg)

    ReplyDelete